GDB for Coldfire questions

Alan Cudmore Alan.P.Cudmore at nasa.gov
Thu Feb 26 15:26:57 UTC 2004

I have been using gdb 5.2 with the wonderful BDM patches for my
coldfire/rtems development. I have not applied the RTEMS patches to my GDB
and I was wondering:
1. What do the RTEMS GDB patches do? Will they give me RTEMS thread/task
awareness?

2. What target should I use for the coldfire with BDM and RTEMS?
I think my current target is m68k-bdm-elf. Should I use m68k-bdm-rtems?

3. I noticed that the BDM and RTEMS patches are available for GDB/Insight
6.0. Has anyone used that for the coldfire?

thanks,
alan