Is the "or32" target still supported?

Paul Cadaret rtems at usd.com
Fri Jan 2 19:48:40 UTC 2004

Hello,
The web page   http://www.rtems.com/targets.html    says that the 'or32'
target is supported.

I hunted around further on the website and took a look at any OR32 app
notes and found this URL:

    http://www.rtems.com/onlinedocs/releases/rtemsdocs-4.6.0pre5/share/rtems/html/HELP.html

which says:

    The following supplement manuals do not currently exist:
  # RTEMS AMD 29K Applications Supplement
  # RTEMS MIPS Applications Supplement
  # RTEMS Hitachi SH Applications Supplement
  # RTEMS UNIX Port Applications Supplement

    If you have knowledge of the processors used in the above ports and
    want to contribute to RTEMS, please contact a member of the RTEMS
    Steering Committee.

I wasn't sure what to make of this.

At this point I went back to the ' Getting Started with RTEMS for C/C++
Users
<http://www.rtems.com/onlinedocs/releases/rtemsdocs-4.6.0pre5/share/rtems/html/started/index.html>
'  document and I decided to try
building the target as described there.   I have recently built the
m68k-rtems version of the tools, RTEMS, &
some BSPs so I thought I would try to adapt what I learned there to the
OR32 version.

I started off with the same toolchain files that I was pointed to
earlier at:

    ftp://ftp.rtems.com/pub/rtems/releases/4.6.0pre5/tools/rtems-4.6-binutils-2.13.2.1-1/source/
    ftp://ftp.rtems.com/pub/rtems/releases/4.6.0pre5/tools/rtems-4.6-gcc3.2.3newlib1.11.0-1/source/

I had already applied all the diffs to these source files and had run
configure and built them successfully for
the m68k-rtems target.   I then decided to try to just build for an
'or32-rtems' target to see what would happen.

Building binutils for the 'or32-rtems' target completed successfully.
Configured, made, & installed OK.

Building gcc-3.2.2 failed during configure as follows:

    checking whether times is declared... yes
    checking for struct tms... yes
    checking for clock_t... yes
    checking if mkdir takes one argument... no
    Configuration or32-unknown-rtems not supported
    Configure in
    /sd/c0t8d0/opt1/web/sites/ftp.rtems.com/tools/gcc-3.2.3-a/build.or32-rtems/gcc
    failed, exiting.

My configure invocation is as follows:

    + /bin/sh ../src/configure --prefix=/tools/local.or32-rtems
    --target=or32-rtems --program-prefix=or32-rtems- --with-gnu-as
    --with-gnu-ld --with-newlib --verbose --enable-threads
    --enable-languages=c,c++ --disable-nls
    Configuring for a sparc-sun-solaris2.7 host.
    *** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories:
         target-libffi target-boehm-gc target-zlib target-libjava
    target-libf2c zlib fastjar target-libobjc
        (Any other directories should still work fine.)
    Created "Makefile" in
    /sd/c0t8d0/opt1/web/sites/ftp.rtems.com/tools/gcc-3.2.3-a/build.or32-rtems
    using "mh-frag"

I can definitely use some guidance here.
I would like to know if there are any OR32 specific build instructions.

BTW:  My original interest in RTEMS was for a MPC360 target.  I started
off building for a mvme162 because I am
very familiar with this target and I have one.  After reviewing the
RTEMS website further I looked into the OR32
project after I saw that the OR32 target was supported and it looks like
I can configure similarly to a MPC360
configuration.

Thanks much.
Paul