RTEMS - Tool chain compatibility ???

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Fri Jan 2 09:59:41 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 07:20, mansoor wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can u please give me some more information regarding this compatibility
> issue. For example,
> How the difference in libraries would affect the build process ??,
> Eventhough there is adifference in library (glibc2/newlib), can we use the
> mips-linux toolchain ??.
> If we are using the mips-linux toolchain, what are the areas that we should
> change ??.
Let me put it this way:

Though mips*linux and mips*rtems toolchains each target the same target
architecture (mips), and even (at least partially) are built from the
same sources (binutils, gcc) they are completely different toolchains.

[This is similar to trying to use an i386-cygwin toolchain for building
i386-linux excutables or to using a sparc-sun-solaris toolchain for
building sparc-sun-linux executables - It will not work.]

Ralf