Executive shutdown

Fri Jul 2 20:03:07 UTC 2004

Stevens Brian wrote:
> I have added a counter and it indicates that the task receives approx 280
> signals before failing.

Is this a clean exit/shutdown, fatal error, or just a random fault?

FWIW the POSIX signals were designed to be safe to be sent from
interrupts but their complexity has always made me suspicious of
doing so.  At your signal rate, you could be overflowing a task
stack.  Each signal is going to push deeper and deeper onto the
interrupted thread's stack.

--joel