telnetd

Thu Sep 16 17:06:03 UTC 2004

Steve Holle wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to enable telnetd ?  I've used the same technique
> I used on the other network functions as shown in the code below :
>
>         #ifdef ENABLE_NETWORKING
>                 std::cout << "  Starting  : Network Initialization..."
> << std::endl ;
>                 std::cout.flush() ;
>           rtems_bsdnet_initialize_network ();
>                 std::cout << "  Completed : Network Initialization." <<
> std::endl << std::endl ;
>                 std::cout.flush() ;
>         #endif
>
>         #ifdef ENABLE_FTPD
>                 std::cout << "  Starting  : FTP Initialization..." <<
> std::endl ;
>                 std::cout.flush() ;
>           rtems_initialize_ftpd();
>                 std::cout << "  Completed : FTP Initialization." <<
> std::endl ;
>                 std::cout.flush() ;
>                 unsigned long temp = (unsigned long)&TARFILE_SIZE ;
>           status = Untar_FromMemory((unsigned char *)(&TARFILE_START),
> temp);
>         #endif
>

>         #ifdef ENABLE_WEB_SERVER
>                 std::cout << "  Starting  : Webserver Initialization..."
> << std::endl ;
>                 std::cout.flush() ;
>           rtems_initialize_webserver();
>                 std::cout << "  Completed : Webserver Initialization."
> << std::endl ;
>                 std::cout.flush() ;
>         #endif
>
>         #ifdef ENABLE_TELNETD_SERVER
>                 int rtems_initialize_telnetd ( void ) ;
>                 std::cout << "  Starting  : Telnet Initialization..." <<
> std::endl ;
>                 std::cout.flush() ;
>           rtems_initialize_telnetd();
>                 std::cout << "  Completed : Telnet Initialization." <<
> std::endl ;
>                 std::cout.flush() ;
>         #endif
>

> I can find the source for rtems_initialize_telnetd  in the source tree
> but when I try to build I get the following error :
>

> C++ compiling /tcb2/source/BuildDateTime.cc...
> Creating tcb2-debug.elf (linking)...
> ConfigureNetwork.o: In function `ConfigureNetwork()':
> ConfigureNetwork.o(.text+0x654): undefined reference to
> `rtems_initialize_telnet
> d()'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [tcb2-debug.elf] Error 1
> make: *** [build] Error 2
>
> It appears that telnetd is not included in the rtems build but I can't
> figure out how to get it included.
>
> Any ideas?

None here.  I just checked some build logs on the 4.6 tree and
telnetd.c is definitely being compiled.  The call is there.

Can you do something like this?

XXX-rtems-nm --extern-only .../librtemsbsp.a | grep telnet

/opt/rtems-4.6/bin/mips-rtems-nm --extern-only
/opt/rtems-4.6/mips-rtems/jmr3904/lib/librtemsbsp.a | grep telnet
telnetd.o:
000002a0 T main_telnetd
00000374 T register_telnetd
000001b8 T rtems_initialize_telnetd
00000000 T rtems_task_telnetd
00000004 D telnetd_stack_size
00000000 D telnetd_task_id
00000008 D telnetd_task_priority

So that symbol is definitely in the mips/jmr3904 I had installed.