I386-PC586 on Dil/NetPC

Valentin Buergel simtec at datacomm.ch
Wed Jun 22 09:13:22 UTC 2005

Thanks for answering!

I checked bsp.h but could not find anything relevant to
BSP_CONSOLE_PORT_CONSOLE. But I changed CONFIGURE_NUMBER_OF_TERMIOS_PORTS
from 1 to 2. Does still not work.

I use RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH=/opt/rtems-4.6/i386-rtems/pc586 to compile
hello.exe.

I realized that hello.exe does not work in bochs as well. Therefore I
downloaded the grub144.gz image again that contains the hello.exe. Hello.exe
from grub144 runs fine in bochs! I copied the hello.exe from grub144 to my
GRUB-image. This runs fine too! But I realized the following:

Hello.exe on grub144:
- Size 65.2KB
- Loads as "NetBSD-a.out"

Hello.exe on my GRUB-image:
- Size 120.7KB
- Loads as "Multiboot-elf"

Why does the hello.exe on grub144 image have another format ("NetBSD-a.out")?
Is this relevant to my problem? What do I have to do to get the
"NetBSD-a.out" format?

Any help is welcome.

Best regrads, Valentin Buergel