loopback network not working

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Sun Mar 6 18:27:23 UTC 2005

On Mar 6, 2005, at 1:08 PM, Peter Dufault wrote:

> In CVS on MVME5500 the loopback tests in testsuites/samples/loopback
> don't work.  It hangs for a long time after printing:
>
> "Network" initializing!
>
> then finally prints out
>
> "Network" initialized!

"Never mind" -

I happened to glance at the console about ten minutes later, and the
output had started, but just barely.  The clock must be messed up.

I've been doing a lot of work with the board, but it's a control loop
and all tasks are driven off the 5KHz data acquisition loop, and my
time stamps are using the powerpc 64 bit timer, so I only noticed I
broke something when I started to try to use the network.

Sorry -

Peter

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.