Problem compiling RTEMS for edb7312

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Thu Nov 24 14:56:41 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-24 at 13:41 +0100, Frédéric PRACA wrote:
> Selon Ralf Corsepius <ralf.corsepius at rtems.org>:
>
> > Please show me the full error message including
> Will be a long run log :-o As I'm not in front of my machine (and it's not
> running), I can only give you some details.
>
> > * the corresponding configure call.
> ../rtems/configure --disable-multilib --enable-networking --enable-posix
> --target=arm-rtems --prefix=/home/fred/Dev/RealTime/rtemsInstall && gmake
> RTEMS_BSP=edb7312 && gmake install
>
> > * the toolchain versions (I know Frederic is experimenting with GCC,
> > Ada and is trying to use a customized GCC).
> Well, due to the PR ada/22533, I gave up using Ada for a while. But I use Gcc
> HEAD version (20051123) without Ada support.
> I think I'll try with the previous version (3.4.4) from my system base.
>
> > I can't reproduce the error, in fact I've built this BSP without any
> > problems several times, recently - Last time ca. 60 seconds ago ;)
> May I ask you the same questions you asked about configure options and toolchain
> version ?
I am using nothing fancy:

* gcc-4.0.1+ (A snapshot taken from gcc-4_0-branch sometime between
4.0.1 and 4.0.2)
* binutils-2.16.1
* newlib-CVS
* rtems-CVS HEAD as of today.

All of them have local patches applied, but none of them should have any
influence.

RTEMS configuration:
configure --target=arm-rtems4.7 --enable-maintainer-mode
make RTEMS_BSP=<whatever>

Ralf