RTEMS Snapshot 4.6.99.2 and new RPMs

Wed Sep 14 20:11:39 UTC 2005

Karel Gardas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> till now I've been using CVS and tool-chain build from sources from
> ftp.rtems.com/pub/rtems/SOURCES. Now, I would like to give a try to
> exact recommended tool-chain, but I'm not able to find its location.
>
> So where are all the sources for the packages below available? I'm
> especially interested in RTEMS related patches, since I'm able to find
> out location of upstream packages.
>
> On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com> wrote:
>
>>  - rtems-4.7-autoconf-rtems-2.59-4
>>  - rtems-4.7-automake-rtems-1.9.6-0
>>  - rtems-4.7-binutils-2.16.1-3
>>  - rtems-4.7-gcc4.0.1newlib1.13.0-4
>>  - rtems-4.7-gdb-6.3-1

The way I do this is to check to see what was in each RPM.
Since you have the source for the big package, you are only
concerned with the patches.  It is easy to download the SRPM
for ONE target for each package and see what is in it.  You also
get to see the build procedure in the .spec file that way.

For each package, there is a subdirectory here:

http://www.rtems.com/ftp/pub/rtems/linux/redhat/7.3/i386/rpms/rtems-4.7/

Under each is (supposed to be) a source directory with the patches.

The sources and patches are symlinked to a common directory a couple
of levels up.

--joel