MPC5554 Rtems port

John Wood jwood at scisol.com
Tue Aug 15 18:22:21 UTC 2006

All,

Greetings.

I have recently started working with the Motorola MPC5554 processor and was
wondering if anyone is currently working on a port to rtems.  I am using the
Phytec PHYCORE-MPC5554 module for development.

I have built a toolset based on GCC3.4.4 since this is one that I had sources and
patches for and made what I believe are the necessary changes for rtems

I created target for the compiler powerpc-rtemsspe modeled on the powerpc-eabispe
target I got with my developement kit.

I am currently working with version 4.6.6.

What is the current state of the current branch for rtems and tools regarding spe
extentions for the ppc family?  Is this a processor that you would be interested in having
a port?

I am just getting my head wrapped around what is necessary.

Thanks,
John