RTEMS Capture Engine

Pavel Pisa ppisa4lists at pikron.com
Wed Jul 12 07:12:33 UTC 2006

Hello Jiri and Paul,

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 02:14, Paul Whitfield wrote:
> Task is a monitor function that does not require the capture engine.
>
> Try ctlist or ctload ...
>
> Also you need to do either
>
> copen -i 100
>
> or
>
> copen 100
> cenable
>
> To get the engine working.
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> The capture engine is very useful, however I have never found any
> documentation for it other than reading the source code.

There is reasonable documentation for the engine written
by Chris in the Wiki

http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/Capture_Engine

> Likewise the "built-in" monitor commands - have I missed something or
> is this something that RTEMS lacks?

I have seen documentation for monitor, so I tried to locate it again.
This is the result:

There exists source of documentation for monitor in RTEMS sources

rtems/doc/new_chapters/monitor.t

but I have feeling, that it is not included in any printable documentation
format (PDF, PS). It seems, that INFO is generated

http://www.rtems.com/onlinedocs/releases/rtemsdocs-4.6.6/info/new_chapters.info

There are other interresting features described in the "new_chapters".
It is probably place for preparation of docs and should be moved to the other
manuals when ready.
It probably waits for somebody to look after that task one day.

Best wishes

             Pavel