Problem to save file on the hard disk! What I have to set to do it ?

Thomas Doerfler (nt) Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Tue Mar 14 07:15:05 UTC 2006

Matteo,

it really looks like a difficult case to me :-((

What is confusing me: Your FAT partition has a size of about 20GB. This
is MUCH to big for a FAT16 partition, so I would guess, that a program
that is asked to format the disk should complain about this.

In your last posts, you have sent me information about what is written
in the partition table for partition hda1. For clarity, I have to ask
again: did you also:

- format the partition
- mount it under linux to some mount point
- write files to it

and everything without problems?

wkr,
Thomas.