Filio example doesn't run with rtems from the cvs

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Mon Mar 20 13:11:12 UTC 2006

Matteo,

for RTEMS, the compiler version, the binutils, the newlib (!) and the
RTEMS source code version are very closely related. If you take an
arbitrary GCC version and try to compile RTEMS, it is quite likely that
you will fail.

If you look into the "TOOL_VERSION" file located together with the
released RTEMS source code (like
ftp://ftp.rtems.com/pub/rtems/4.6.99.2/TOOL_VERSIONS ) you get an exact
list of tools which are suitable for this version.

Building your own compiler environment is quite a delicate task, and it
takes a lot of either time or experience to get it right. It is MUCH
easier to use the proper packaged toolset from ftp.rtems.com

So, back to the fileio: I understand you right that you can mount your
harddisk, when you compiled your fileio.exe with the right toolset? This
sounds great, at least this is a starting point for your application, I
think.

wkr,
Thomas.

D-82178 Puchheim          Germany