qemu 0.8.2 and RTEMS

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Mon Nov 13 21:51:36 UTC 2006

Hi,

It looks like qemu has changed command line argument formats. :(

I can run non-networking tests but the syntax for the network
options has changed enough where I don't see the magic.  This is
the script which used to work for me.

qemu -isa -nics 1 -n ~joel/qemu-work/qemu/qemu-kit/tunconfig.sh \
   -macaddr 00:80:7F:22:61:77 -m 4 -serial stdio -fda
/home/joel/qemu/grub144

I have this much of a command line which doesn't cause qemu to
complain but it doesn't work either:

qemu -net nic,macaddr=00:80:7F:22:61:77,model=ne2k_isa \
  -m 4 -fda /home/joel/qemu/grub144

The qemu faq mentions using a tunctl program which I don't see.

For the older qemu, we had a sudo script to bring up the virtual
LAN.  Does anyone have this working with qemu 0.8.1?

--joel