problems building MinGW powerpc compiler on MinGW host

avy st astrominger at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 9 17:27:55 UTC 2006

Hello all,
I'm trying to build an poweroc-rtems4.7 compiler, using MinGW32 as both build machine and host machine.  The final purpose is to build the gcc Ada compiler, so I cannot use the pre-built MinGW package available on the RTEMS site.
I'm using: binutils-2.16.1 with the binutils-2.16.1-rtems-20050816.diff patch
               gcc-4.1.1 with the gcc-core-4.1.1-rtems-20060626.diff patch
               newlib-1.14.0 with the newlib-1.14.0-rtems-20060707.diff patch
binutils built just fine.
When building gcc, the process failed when compiling source/gcc-4.1.1-2/gcc/libgcc2.c.
The error log is attached in file error.txt.  The configuration, as well as the build invocation, can be seen in the attached gcc_build_gcc_only script.
Does anyone have ideas how to solve the problem?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely
Avy Strominger
astrominger at yahoo.com