problems building MinGW powerpc compiler on MinGW host

Mick Davis mickd at goanna.iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 11 03:22:10 UTC 2006

I've built Mingw/Mingw cross compiler for the coldfire.  Just looking at
your build process compared to mine, I can make a couple of suggestions.

I've got the gcc source under a windows root dir. That is, c:\gcc-4.1.1
. Then under msys, I've mounted the dir in etc/fstab with a line;

/gcc-4.1.1 /gcc-4.1.1

This seems to help some of the scripts when unix and windows paths get
confused.

I've also found from the gcc mailing list a couple of patches which seem
to help gcc under msys.  The cppdefault.c.diff is a hack, which you'll
need to modify for your target. It allows you relocate the install,
something which gets broken by the msys build process. They're attached.

--

Mick Davis
Goanna Technologies Pty Ltd

"Shock your lizard today!"