RTEMS with C++

Fabrício de Novaes Kucinskis fabricio at dea.inpe.br
Mon Oct 9 17:58:37 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I'd like to know if someone here uses C++ with RTEMS.

What are the advantages? I see just disadvantages, such as the obvious
overhead.

I don't see a good use for objects instantiated inside only one task (maybe
the encapsulation of the code?), and since the communication between objects
in different tasks should be done through the RTEMS managers, I think
there's no reason to use C++ and OO in a RTEMS application. But I'd like to
be convinced that C++ in RTEMS is something good.

One more question: does the "librtems++" switch link the OO wrappers to the
managers?
Thanks in advance,

Fabrício de Novaes Kucinskis - DEA / INPE