Readiness for Integrated Modular Avionics?

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Fri Oct 20 13:11:54 UTC 2006

Hello,

I think you are mixing two terms related to memory accesses:
RTEMS supports various standard APIs including the functions malloc,
free and friends to support dynamic memory allocation. This is a
convenient way to allow all tasks to fulfill their memory requirements.
But in current implementations there is no mechanism to avoid one task
to access variables and memory regions of another task. This would
typically be implemented using a MMU, but has some disadvantages aswell.

So, wikipedia is right, all RTEMS tasks execute in a signle process
environment.

wkr,
Thomas Dörfler.