RTEMS Self Task Deletion

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Sep 27 12:40:51 UTC 2006

Kamaraj P wrote:
> Please find the sample code.  This may not be directly compliable.

Ok.

> Could you please let me know he can we verify whether self task has been
> deleted successfully or not.

Are you sure the tasks you create are able to run ?

Your creation loop will not block for any period of time if its priority
is higher than the tasks you create.

Please try the following main:

int main()
{
  rtems_task_priority old_priority;
  rtems_mode          old_mode;
  rtems_task_set_priority(RTEMS_SELF, 254, &old_priority);
  rtems_task_mode(RTEMS_PREEMPT,  RTEMS_PREEMPT_MASK, &old_mode);
  Test();
  return 0;
}

> I am not sure checking the return status of
> rtems_task_delete (RTEMS_SELF) will help. Because the self task context
> (to be deleted) where you executing print message will not print on the console.
> Even before that the task would have been deleted . Please correct me If I am wrong.

Nothing after the delete self will run.

Regards
Chris