MacOS Tools

Angelo Fraietta newsgroups at smartcontroller.com.au
Wed Aug 29 21:55:45 UTC 2007

I used MacOSX when I built my apps, however, I was using 4.6.4
Eric has a tutorial using 4.7.1
http://www.aps.anl.gov/epics/base/RTEMS/tutorial/

Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Peer Stritzinger wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm not responsible for these ports.
>>

> I think James Houseley did them originally.
>
>>However I'm working on MacOS and FreeBSD.  Currently I'm using FreeBSD
>>for RTEMS development but always thought it would be a good to be able
>>to use MacOS too.
>>
>>So if the MacOS tool port is orphaned, I could imagine to take it over
>>or start a new one.
>>
>>MacPorts is IMHO a very good way to "package" the tools.
>>

> Currently under rtems/contrib, there is an autoconf infrastructure
> for building the RPM specifications.  Shouldn't it be possible to
> also generate ports files in a similar manner with the same raw
> information about tool versions and patches?
>

>>In addition having *.dmg Mac Disk Images for installation would
>>certainly be interesting
>>for many users that don't know MacPorts.
>>

> I'm completely ignorant here.  DMG looks like a disk image file
> format similar to .iso files.  Do you just open them and drag the
> contents to the hard disk?  Is there some other magic involved
> that I am missing?
>
> --joel
>
>>-- Peer
>>

>>On 8/29/07, Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I was curious about how to package tools for MacOS and
>>>went prowling on the web.  I knew about BSD ports but didn't
>>>know about this site which has a lot of RTEMS ones
>>>
>>>http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports/cross
>>>
>>>Is someone on this list responsible for them?  They appear to
>>>be old since the gcc is 3.2.3 and there is no mention of
>>>rtems 4.7 or 4.8.
>>>
>>>I am hoping this provides a starting point for someone who
>>>is interested in providing MacOS hosted RTEMS tools.
>>>
>>>--joel

Dr Angelo Fraietta
A.Eng, A.Mus.A, BA(Hons), Ph.D.

PO Box 859
Hamilton NSW 2303

Home Page

http://www.smartcontroller.com.au/~angelo/

There are those who seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge - that is
CURIOSITY
     Bernard of Clairvaux (1090 - 1153)