GDB Stubs for PowerPC BSP with old-exceptions

Till Straumann strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Feb 16 17:15:01 UTC 2007

Robert S. Grimes wrote:
> Hi Till,
>
> I want to use your gdb stubs and (eventually) cexp, but I'm using a new
> BSP for the Virtex-4 PowerPC.  This BSP is based on the gen405, which
> (still) uses the "old exceptions" model.  Sure enough, your agent won't
> compile for my BSP.  So, what would be involved in making it work with
> "old exceptions"?  Or should I instead change the BSP to "new exceptions"?

I think the latter way is the way to go. Hopefully some day
there will be a single model (again). I'm not sure the 'new'
model is necessarily better (I'm not familiar with the 'old' one)
but it is a hassle to have two. I don't have the time to
implement support for the old model ATM (and I'm not
eager to maintain two models), sorry.

Regards
-- Till