ioctl declaration lost!

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Wed Nov 14 16:16:26 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a (maybe stupid) question, based on rtems-4.7.99.2:

I want to use the ioctl() function (as defined in
cpukit/libcsupport/src/ioctl.c).

Now I am surprised that I cannot find a proper declaration for this
function. I would expect it to be located in sys/ioctl.h, but it is not
there.

Any hints for me (including "buy new glasses")?

Next question:

I want to add an alternative synchronization mechanism to DOSFS,
controlled using an ioctl call. What is the prefered location to publish
the ioctl command definitions? I would define a new
"rtems/msdos_ioctl.h", is this ok?

wkr,
Thomas.

embedded brains GmbH
Thomas Doerfler           Obere Lagerstr. 30
D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
Tel. : +49-89-18 90 80 79-2
Fax  : +49-89-18 90 80 79-9
email: Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de