No acceptable C compiler found

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Tue Nov 13 13:59:56 UTC 2007

Yesterday I helped installed tools for a class.  We tried the MinGW
tools on about 5 machines and had various problems.

Is this email about Vista or XP?

Can you compile a simple native hello world?

Here's what we encountered yesterday?

+ MinGW doesn't run on Vista correctly.  The native compiler
    dies compiling hello world with a message like
     "cc1 not found".  We searched online and others have
     run into this but the only solution I saw was to put the
     directory with cc1 in your PATH but that results in the
     RTEMS cross compiler finding the native cc1 not the
     cross one.  If you can find a solution to this, we would
     be willing to try it.

+ Somehow most of us -- including myself -- ended up
with a PATH that wasn't right and we had to edit a .profile
before out PATH was enough to use gcc natively on XP.

Chris if you want us to try something please email
jeff so I can get the message in the class room.

--joel