No acceptable C compiler found

Jalpan Dholakia jalpan.dholakia at nxp.com
Tue Nov 13 08:59:15 UTC 2007

Hi ,

 Here with I am attaching config.log   My $PATH is
.:/usr/local/bin:/mingw/bin:/bin:/h/RTEMS/msys/arm/bin

 So according to Windows my directory for Arm tools is
H:\RTEMS\msys\arm\bin

../configure --target=arm-rtems --disable-networking --disable-cxx
--enable-rtemsbsp="en1" --prefix=/h/RTEMS/msys/arm/bin

 At worst I have copied all files of Arm Tools in current directory of
build and also in MinGW bin

 In all cases when I am doing TAB it is finding the appropriate compiler
files. What is the use of - - prefix then?

According to documents that is used to locate tools directory. But I don't
think so it has any  effect.

(See attached file: config.log)

Thanks.
Regards.

> Hello,
>
> I am configuring RTEMS4.7.1 for Arm target through MINGW. I have
> downloaded appropriate compilers from RTEMS ftp. I have also tested
> arm-rtems4.7-gcc.exe and it is generating .o and .S file. I have also
> exported proper PATH.

Did you test this in a cmd.exe box or the MSYS shell ?

> I am giving address of the directory which contains arm tools through -
> - prefix. Though I could not able to configure. I am getting error that
> error: No acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
>
> Could you please point me the problem?

It will be the PATH variable. Configure needs a valid path set.

Could you please send me the config.log and the PATH variable.

Regards
Chris