No acceptable C compiler found

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Tue Nov 13 14:58:23 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 07:59 -0600, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> + MinGW doesn't run on Vista correctly.  The native compiler
>     dies compiling hello world with a message like
>      "cc1 not found".
cc1 not found indicates a toolchain relocation error.
In general, GCCs based toolchains are not relocatible and must be
installed into the prefix they have been configured for.

>  We searched online and others have
>      run into this but the only solution I saw was to put the
>      directory with cc1 in your PATH but that results in the
>      RTEMS cross compiler finding the native cc1 not the
>      cross one.
Right. As you might recall, cross tools are named <host>-<tool>.

You MUST not put the directory containing cc1 into $PATH.

Ralf