No acceptable C compiler found

Jalpan Dholakia jalpan.dholakia at nxp.com
Tue Nov 13 15:17:41 UTC 2007

Hi Ralf,

 I have set  <arm tool install point>/bin  in the $ PATH which include
arm-rtems4.7-gcc.exe , autoconf etc.  files.    I am not doing any thing
with the cc1.
 I am also giving prefix in configure command like - -
prefix=/h/RTEMS/msys/arm/bin    . As I said prefix has no effect. If it has
then why it is giving error for $PATH like "No acceptable  C compiler found
in $PATH" ?

 Regards.

On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 07:59 -0600, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> + MinGW doesn't run on Vista correctly.  The native compiler
>     dies compiling hello world with a message like
>      "cc1 not found".
cc1 not found indicates a toolchain relocation error.
In general, GCCs based toolchains are not relocatible and must be
installed into the prefix they have been configured for.

>  We searched online and others have
>      run into this but the only solution I saw was to put the
>      directory with cc1 in your PATH but that results in the
>      RTEMS cross compiler finding the native cc1 not the
>      cross one.
Right. As you might recall, cross tools are named <host>-<tool>.

You MUST not put the directory containing cc1 into $PATH.

Ralf