MCF5329EVB BSP

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Fri Oct 5 17:36:43 UTC 2007

Kevin,

Kirspel, Kevin schrieb:
> I have almost completed a port to RTEMS of the MCF5329EVB evaluation
> board from Freescale.  With this BSP I had to port the YAFFS2 file
> system to RTEMS.  I would like to submit the BSP and YAFFS2 port to
> RTEMS.  The YAFFS2 license is GPL.  I don't know if that is OK with
> RTEMS.  I would like to do some robustness testing on the YAFFS2 port.

The GPL license has more implications on private code bound to GPLed
modules, therefore code under the GPL should NOT be added to the RTEMS
source code tree.

You might want to provide this adapted package at a different (your
own?) location and make the RTEMS Wiki point to it. But please make it
clear to anyone that the GPL license terms are to be applied to this
package.
wkr,
Thomas.