Obsolete BSPs: mbx8xx

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Wed Dec 17 09:16:05 UTC 2008

Hello,

we are currently cleaning up the PowerPC code and stumbled across the
mbx8xx BSP again. In my opinion, it is not worth the effort to bring
this BSP up to date, because the BSP is VERY overloaded with options and
on the other hand I would expect that these boards are really suffering
from hardware rot.

By the way: I have developed a newr BSP for the MPC8xx chip family
(tqm8xx) which might be a better base for mpc8xx based ports.

So here is my question:

Is there anybody out there who still uses actively the MBX8xx BSP on a
recent RTEMS version?

If nobody objects in the next weeks, we will remove this BSP for CVS-HEAD.

wkr,
Thomas.

embedded brains GmbH
Thomas Doerfler           Obere Lagerstr. 30
D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
Tel. : +49-89-18 90 80 79-2
Fax  : +49-89-18 90 80 79-9
email: Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de