clock_nanosleep

Mon Feb 25 16:41:09 UTC 2008

Moro, Pierre wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to build some application for a LEON3 proc.
> this application uses clock_nanosleep which seems to be part of a
> real-time extension of posix and this function is not found while
> compiling for leon3 target ( I use the rtems-4.7.99.2 tar given by
> gaisler on their website for compiling my project).
>
> Does anyone have any idea if
> a) I'm doing something bad and I should find this function
> b) or if this is not (yet?) implemented.

It is in the not implemented category.
> In the latter case, how long do you think it would take to implement
> it ? knowing that I'm just starting with rtems.

Are you just trying to delay?  Are you really trying to send a POSIX
signal?  Right now, the only POSIX clock that works is
the one that would be used with nanosleep() or usleep().

It shouldn't be hard to implement based upon what I read
in the opengroup.org specification if all you want is CLOCK_REALTIME.
If you want me to put together an estimate for you of what
it would take for me to implement it for you, I would be
happy to do that after a bit of discussion on what CLOCK_XXX
values you wanted to support.  Remember there are at least
these CLOCKS:

+ CLOCK_REALTIME
+ CLOCK_MONOTONIC
+ CLOCK_PROCESS_CPUTIME
+ CLOCK_THREAD_CPUTIME

So I would want to make sure your real requirement was met.

--joel