Webserver Truncating files on high latency network link

Paul Whitfield paulw at omnitronics.com.au
Thu Jul 10 07:13:52 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I have observed that bug 550, "fcntl() fails to put non-blocking socket
into blocking mode" still effects version 4.6.6 of rtems.

(I know, I know it is old and I should be using a newer version).

The symptom is the same as described in the bug:

The problem occurs in real life with the GoAhead webserver on
high-latency connections as its non-blocking write socket remains
non-blocking and a web page can be truncated when websDone() is called.

If I modify the file socket.c use iocntl instead of fcntl the problem is
fixed.

Regards

Paul