Some notes on the C User's Guide

Fabrício de Novaes Kucinskis fabricio at dea.inpe.br
Thu Jul 10 17:29:02 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have compiled some notes on errors or possible errors in the C User’s
Guide. Some are relevant, some are not. Maybe they can be fixed on time to
the 4.9 release. The items and page numbers refers to the 4.8.0 version of
the guide. Follow the list:

* Page 46, item 5.4.8, task_is_suspended: when a task is NOT suspended, the
directive returns RTEMS_ALREADY_SUSPENDED? Is it correct?

* Page 68, item 7.4.1, clock_set: there is no RTEMS_INVALID_TIME_OF_DAY
macro. Instead, it is returned RTEMS_INVALID_CLOCK.

* Page 74, item 8.2.3, Timer Server: typo: "it would be saVe to perform" -
correct would be "saFe".

* Page 131, item 13.4.1, Partition Create: RTEMS_INVALID_NAME denotes an
invalid “PARTITION name”, or an invalid “RTEMS name”, not an invalid "task
name”, as in the guide.

* Page 131, item 13.4.1, "Description": wrong: "Each allocated buffer is to
be of 'buffer_length' in bytes". The correct would be 'buffer_size'.

* Page 131, item 13.4.1, Partition Create: ** already reported in bugzila:
PR1263 **

* Page 141, item 14.4.1, Region Create: RTEMS_INVALID_NAME denotes an
invalid “REGION name”, or an invalid “RTEMS name”, not an invalid "task"
name, as in the guide.

* Page 141, item 14.4.1, Region Create: my experience using an ERC32 BSP
tells that the page size has to be "a multiple of four greater than or equal
EIGHT", not “>= 4”, as in the guide. If I try to create a region with
page_size = 4, I got a RTEMS_INVALID_SIZE error. Maybe this is the same
problem reported in PR1263?

I hope this helps. Best regards,

Fabrício de Novaes Kucinskis - DEA / INPE
Grupo de Supervisão de Bordo - SUBORD
Divisão de Eletrônica Aeroespacial
Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais