Google summer of code

Fri Mar 28 17:39:53 UTC 2008

Kliakhandler Kosta wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm interested in working on RTEMS for Google summer of code. I'm
> particularly interested in working on tinyRTEMS and porting it to an
> lpc2138 board (which I posseess). I never used it (RTEMS), but I am
> developing an application on the mentioned board and although I didn't
> plan to use an rtos yet, the project will in general benefit from it.

OK. There has been a lot of discussion on TinyRTEMS this week so I
am not going to repeat any of that.  It's Friday and I am tired. :)

Some suggestions.  You are proposing an lpc2138 BSP.  So I see
a few obvious tasks in your proposal:

+ BSP for real hardware
+ BSP runs on Skyeye simulator

 From a TinyRTEMS perspective, there are lots of ideas and you will have to
decide which tickle your fancy.

How much memory is available on your target hardware?
Do you have any display option?  If so, consider adding Microwindows/Nano-X
support to your proposal.

> If possible, I would like some guidence regarding what is important,
> times, and general advice regarding writing a proposal for this project.

The student proposal deadline is approaching soon but you still have time
to make a proposal.  I think there are guidelines at the SOC site on what
outline to follow.  SOC has a schedule and your proposal should track that
with activities in stages that make sense based upon that.

Maybe one of the others can post some helpful links.