Deleting IDLE task ...

John Pickwick john.pickwick at free.fr
Sun Mar 30 14:47:58 UTC 2008

Hi to all :=)

There had already been a topic on this but I've got a new problem.

I'm using LEON2 bsp and RTEMS4.7.1 and I want to delete the IDLE task to
avoid the use of the PowerDown register (which is included into the default
IDLE thread).

To do so, just at the beginning of the Init task, I tried to retrieve the
IDLE task id (rtems-task-ident) and then to call rtems-task-delete but the
IDLE task still appears in my stack dump (or CPU usage dump). Is it normal ?
Is there a way to "refresh" the task list.

There is no risk that my IDLE task could be called since I have a higher
priority task which is looping forever in my design, but it is just to make
it a bit cleaner and to re-use the task block occupied by the BSP's IDLE.

Any idea ?
John.