mvme167 help request

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Sep 11 01:19:28 UTC 2008

Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am resurrecting a donated mvme167 system
> for the RTEMS lab and have some issues.  When
> it boots, the board prints this:
>
> WARNING: Configuration Data Failure (Invoke 'ENV' Command)
> WARNING: Board Configuration Data Failure
>
> Any suggestions on that?  Is there a battery that
> needs to be replaced.  The date on the board is
>
> MVME167 Debugger/Diagnostics Release Version 1.4 - 07/22/92

There is a battery and NVRAM. The ENV command is used to control his. This is
documented in the 167bug.pdf manual:

  http://www.ing.iac.es/~docs/external/vme/167bug.pdf

> If I get past that, then the 712 transition module
> has coax for Ethernet.  We have 15-pin to RJ45 transceivers
> and coax to 15 pin but the 15 pins are obviously the
> same sex (male) so we can't connect them in series
> to get to RJ-45.  This is a dinosaur.  Does someone
> have the part in their desk drawer? Or a URL to point
> me to. :-D

The 15 pin connector will be an AUI interface so you can use something like
these AUI to RJ45 converters:

  http://www.pacificcable.com/Picture_Page.asp?DataName=KT-10T

I think coaxial is just another level of complexity to fail at some later stage.

Regards
Chris