IEEE/OpenGroup Permission Received

Fri Feb 27 02:52:25 UTC 2009

Hi,

The RTEMS Project has been granted permission by the IEEE
and The Open Group to excerpt and reuse text from the
Open Group Base Specification Issue 6 in the RTEMS
POSIX API User's Guide and RTEMS Shell User's Guide.

This is a major milestone and grants the RTEMS Project
the same permissions the GNU/Linux man pages projects and
NetBSD have.  When text is excerpted and reused, we will have
to add a paragraph to that manual page acknowledging that
some of the text originated in the standard documents.  That
is done in the GNU/Linux man pages if you want to look.
I will be adding a macro to the documentation to help ensure
the text is consistent where it is used.

A scanned copy of the agreement with the signature page
removed is available online
<http://rtems.org/PDFs/RTEMS-OpenGroup-Permission-NoSignaturePage.pdf>.
This details the terms and
which documents are covered.

I would like to offer our thanks to those who helped in this effort.

--joel