Rtems for a space project

Tue Jan 13 14:14:58 UTC 2009

Massimo Tipaldi wrote:
> OK, I experienced myself that the Rtems makefiles are not correct ...but
> I should solve my issue, if it is possible.

I have been unable to duplicate any problem you have reported.
I don't know what is going wrong with your install.
> In any case, I'd like to know if:
> 1) someone has considering compiling an easy RTEMS application on
> Windows PC for i386(and not on a Linux PC, where I konw that it works)

It works on Windows but the main developers use Windows
as little as possible.  The Eclipse plugin work was initially
done on Windows.

> 2) how this application can be make compliant with Grub (Elf
> file/multiboot specification).

You have at least 4 variables.  I suspect your qemu/grub
setup.  Can you tell me where you got your Windows version
of Qemu and what version it is.  The one I see is not that latest
version and that by itself is enough to cause issues.

With that, I will run the executable and grub setup I have
on Linux on Windows so we can be sure that a known good
RTEMS executable can even run on the version of qemu
you have.

I do LOTS of testing on qemu/rtems/grub/linux.  This is
how the i386-rtems tool test results are generated.  That is
~80K tests in batch mode.  There are many Windows users.

So we need to reduce variables.  First order is to split it
between rtems/tools and qemu.