RTEMS use of Linux specific errno's

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Thu Jun 11 21:20:16 UTC 2009

On Jun 11, 2009, at 2:42 , Joel Sherrill wrote:

> I am pretty happy changing EBADRQC to EINVAL but
> I don't know what ENOTBLOCK should change to.

I would use ENOTTY, or maybe ENODEV.  The name might be ENOTTY but the
strerror() text is appropriate.

 From http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/xsh_chap02_03.html#tag_02_03

[ENOTTY] Inappropriate I/O control operation. A control function has
been attempted for a file or special file for which the operation is
inappropriate.

[ENODEV] No such device. An attempt was made to apply an inappropriate
function to a device; for example, trying to read a write-only device
such as a printer.

Peter