How to properly add a new bsp

Andrei Chichak groups at chichak.ca
Tue Sep 8 18:59:28 UTC 2009

I've run into this a couple of times now - I want to add a BSP that is
derived from an existing one.

QUESTION: What files should I munge and which commands do I use to let
RTEMS know that the new BSP exists so that I can install it?

I install all of the tools on windows (using MSYS and MinGW), put the
distribution into place, make a copy of the BSP with a new name, then...

../rtems-4.9.1/configure --target=m68k-rtems4.9 --enable-
rtemsbsp=cml5282
make install

The installer goes through the motions but terminates with Nothing to
be done. If I use an existing bsp it works great.

Thanks,
Andrei
Andrei Chichak

Systems Developer