m4 trouble

Andrei Chichak groups at chichak.ca
Mon Sep 21 16:58:09 UTC 2009

I had just installed the latest tools and found a similar issue.

The link on the installers page is no longer correct, but you can
eventually download the tarball for m4-1.4.13-1.

On the web page it says to:
cd /
then extract the files from the tarball, which will put m4 into /bin.

If you "echo $PATH" you should have /bin in the path.

So, either your path is smashed or you didn't put m4 into the proper
directory because you didn't do the cd before the tar extract.

Andrei

On 2009-September-21, at 9:55 AM, Konstantin Volkov wrote:

> hello.
> I got trouble with RTEMS tool instalation (windows http://wiki.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/MinGW_Tools_for_Windows
>  )
> after all steps with wingw, msys, dtk, m4.
> i added PATH
> PATH=C:\msys\1.0\bin;%PATH%
> and chack it.
> But erroe happens in RTEMS tool instalation step:
> please help. What is wrrong with PATH to m4?
> --
> life is good.
>
> Konstantin
>

> --