FTP client API

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Tue Apr 27 11:08:10 UTC 2010

On Monday 26 April 2010 18:46:51, Thomas Doerfler (nt) wrote:
> By the way: I have written the original FTPFS implementation. I found it
> quite useful that I don't have to copy a file to the RTEMS system when
> processing it. Out of curiousity: Which functionality are you really
> missing in FTPFS, so you have to implement a different package?

 My use case is that from a custom shell I want to copy files to/from an FTP
server.  FTPFS is fine as such, except that it is awkward to compose a
string to specify server, username and password, which is then parsed again
by the ftpfs.

 The ftplib that Leon pointed out is in that sense slightly easier to use
than ftpfs, so I'm using that now.

 Regards,
 Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540