AW: GUI Libraries, Frame Buffer and Input Devices

Sébastien Bourdeauducq sebastien at milkymist.org
Tue Dec 14 12:08:48 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 14 December 2010 12:48:30 Johannes Schock wrote:
> You can do advertisement for your project as much as you like, but
> spreading comments like
>
> >> Microwindows, Nano-X, nxlib... the X11 sandwich: layers of crap make
> >> good
> >>
> >> food? ;-)
> >>
> >> Nano-X demos = jokes
>
> is not the way you keep a discussion objective. It's more like spreading
> FUD against a commercial opponent.

No, it is not.

First, I'm not at all into GUI business, and I have little, if any, interest
in it. The MTK project is something I didn't like to do, but had to be done,
because sadly there was no acceptable open source solution to my embedded GUI
needs.

And it's just fair to call this a joke:
http://www.microwindows.org/SSWin32.html
when there are embedded GUIs which look like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Hz8dhQw8Q

Acknowledging the problem and calling things what they are is working towards
a solution, and not FUD at all.

S.