4.11 Feature Countdown

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Sat Dec 3 06:23:15 UTC 2011

On 11/29/2011 02:49 AM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 4.11 has been gestating long enough. It is
> time to make a feature check list to see what
> makes it and what won't. What is close that
> you would like to help push to get included?
>
> My list has:
>
> + All BSPs building <hint>
> + As many BSP test reports as possible <help!>
> + Conversion to git complete
> + Chris' dynamic loader
> + fstest failures investigated
> + outstanding SMP patches incorporated
> + Conversion to texi2html complete
>
> Anything else with a champion?

+ Bug/warning elimination, dirty code identification.

Similar to what I had done with rtems-4.11, my plan is to gradually add
more aggressive warning flags to raise the pressure on RTEMS developers
during the pre-release cycle.

I have been doing so locally recently, ... I regret, but the PRs I have
been filing recently is only the proverbial "tip of the iceberg".

Ralf