ANN: Support for CentOS6 resumed [Was: ANN: Support for CentOS 6 (temporarily?) suspended]

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Mon Jul 11 10:07:58 UTC 2011

On 06/30/2011 03:40 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The rtems packages on ftp.rtems.org labeled "CentOS6", so far have been
> built with RHEL6 beta packages, presuming centos.org would release
> CentOS 6 not too much after RHEL6.
>
> Meanwhile, almost 8 months have passed by, but CentOS 6 still is not
> out[1]. However the RHEL-beta is showing its age, diverges increasingly
> from RHEL6 and becomes increasingly difficult to use and to access.
>
> Therefore, I have decided to (temporarily?) suspend support of the RTEMS
> toolchains for CentOS6.
>
> In practice this means, these repositories will not receive any further
> rtems-toolchain updates before CentOS 6 will be released or a suitable
> substitute for CentOS 6 has been found.
>
> FWIW: The CentOS calendar[2] currently tells CentOS 6 was scheduled
> for Jul 4 ... we'll see if this date will slip again ;)

With yet some more days of slipage, CentOS 6 was released Jul 10/11.

I have changed my build-scripts to pick up the packages the RTEMS
packages are built from, from CentOS mirrors and rebuilt the packages, I
had omitted from building since my "suspension email".

In other words: CentOS 6 support is "back to normal".

Ralf