[GSoC] Progress Report: Resource reservation framework port to RTEMS

Petr Benes benesp16 at fel.cvut.cz
Mon Jun 13 17:26:58 UTC 2011

Hi,

My project deals with a resource reservation framework FRSH/FORB
(formerly called FRESCOR) being ported onto RTEMS. This framework
simplifies development of distributed applications in real-time.

In order to have a possibility to reserve a portion of CPU (as one of
the resources), a complex scheduling policy has been developed. It
consists of per thread time servers scheduled on EDF basis.

The EDF (Earliest Deadline First) scheduler in its simple version is
planned to be merged into RTEMS. At the moment I am deploying the
conceptually working EDF into RTEMS source tree. Moreover, new Red-Black
trees which are shortly in RTEMS are utilized.

Since my laptop with prepared toolchains burned down, I got a little
delay. However, I want to deliver a working EDF as an optional scheduler
in a few oncoming days for a revision.

--
Bc. Petr Beneš
mail  : benesp16 at fel.cvut.cz