GSOC2011 project Hypervisor for RTEMS

张文杰 157724595 at 163.com
Thu May 12 14:26:11 UTC 2011

Hi, all:
I am very glad to become a member of the GSOC students for RTEMS and my project is Hypervisor for RTEMS[1], First let me
introduce myself, now i I am currently working on my Master's in Embedded System at Chongqing university of Posts and
telecommunications, in china. And i have much experience in development of Embedded system applications with ucos,rtems
and embedded linux. In my part time, i also did some linux driver and bootloader (such as uboot,vivi )porting work. Also I am
very interested in the virtualization technology on embedded system, so i select this challenging project [2].

This project’ goal is to make RTEMS support virtualization which allow other OS like linux coexist with RTEMS under the same

underlying system hardware. There is already a project namedAIR[3] which have implement a Hypervisor and a paravirtualized

RTEMS. So the main work of this project is to paravirtualize the linux toAIR Hypervisor and integrate it withAIR to realize

virtualization.

The first important thing needed to do is to get AIR source code and merge the Partition Management Kernel (PMK) which plays

the same role as Hypervisor to the latest RTEMS tree. Next step is how to make it configurable for both native RTEMS and

Hypervisor RTEMS. Until now i have contract with the AIR and they will release the source code in the next few days.

[1]http://www.rtems.com/wiki/index.php/RTEMSHyperVisor

[2]https://docs.google.com/document/d/10P6RPFz8kH4xQq9Lu6y9NO9P4AK0YzLIf6GNuGRh7YU/edit#

[3]http://air.di.fc.ul.pt/

Wenjie Zhang