Issue in blackfin toolchain

Rohan Kangralkar rohankangralkar at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 15:39:02 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am not using the ADI toolchain. I am using the toolchain provided by rtems.

*I compile my source using** bfin-rtems4.11-gcc. Then i load it
to bfin-rtems4.11-gdb and** connect it to the bfin simulator.
**Then i try to put a breakpoint in the file by opening then file.
**The debugger complains that there is no such line number. Also
**there is no optimization set while compiling. I also compile with

the -g flag so that the debug symbols are included.** This is making
my debugging difficult since i have to look at the** disassembly
for debugging.  Is there any way i can use the C** source for debugging.*

I find only the RTEMS Tool Test Results
<http://www.rtems.org/pipermail/rtems-tooltestresults/> mailing group
on rtems. To which
group should i move this thread to.

Rohan Kangralkar

Sorry I lost the mailing thread so i had to copy the mail contents.

Just to make sure I understand the bfin-elf gdb configuration

includes support for a debug connection to a target that
bfin-rtems does not?  That doesn't seem correct given
that bfin-*-* is the pattern which matches both rtems
and elf bfin targets in gdb/configure.tgt

And the gdb's are built from the same source tree?

Why do you need the bfin-elf toolchain at all?

--joel

On 05/18/2011 10:55 AM, Rohan Kangralkar wrote:
>*
*>*
*>* On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Rohan Kangralkar
*>* <rohan.stays at gmail.com
<mailto:rohan.stays at gmail.com
*>*
*>*     On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 5:43 PM, Joel Sherrill
*>*     <joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
<mailto:joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
*>*