ANN: mingw64/mingw-w64 x86_64

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Tue Apr 24 16:31:23 UTC 2012

Hi,

As some of you already might know, with the upcoming release of Fedora
17, Fedora is switching its mingw toolchains from i686-pc-mingw32
to i686-w64-mingw32 and x86_64-w64-mingw32 [1]

As this step has pretty massive impacts on the way I am building the
mingw toolchains, as an initial experiment, I have started to build

  x86_64-w64-mingw32 -> rtems (64bit Windows)

toolchains.

ATM, they are available under ftp://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/mingw64
(Whether this location will remain permanent is not clear yet).

I for one do not have access to 64bit Windows nor am I familar with
mingw-w64. Therefore, I'd ask all of those who are using RTEMS on
windows to test these packages*.

For the moment, the mingw32 toolchains are staying with Fedora's
i686-pc-mingw32, but will very likely have to switch to i686-w64-mingw32
when Fedora 16 will go EOL (in ca. 1/2 a year).

Ralf

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Mingw-w64_cross_compiler