How can I get a BSP and start to develop my RTEMS application on Eclipse ? Where is the BSP path ????

Cláudio Silva claudiodcsilva at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 23:17:17 UTC 2012

Hello João,

Yes. RTEMS is a operating system targeted for embedded systems which
supports several architectures and includes BSPs for several boards. I
think you misunderstood: you develop your application separately from
RTEMS sources. During the build process your application will be
linked against the RTEMS libs to provide a full featured bootable
system.

If you were able to install the prebuilt tools, you have accomplished
the first step. Now you must configure and build RTEMS for the target
BSP. I think AMD geode is supported by the RTEMS' pc386 bsp.

First you must download and extract RTEMS sources as explained in
quick start, then you have to configure rtems: (assuming rtems-4.11
sources are in the folder rtems/ in the current dir)

mkdir build-rtems
cd build-rtems
../rtems/configure --target=i386-rtems4.11 --enable-rtemsbsp=pc386
--enable-tests=samples --disable-posix --disable-itron
--prefix=/opt/rtems-4.11
make
make install

If these steps conclude successfully your rtems for PC 386 will be
installed in /opt/rtems-4.11/i386-rtems4.11/pc386
Before your build an application you must inform the buildsystem where
RTEMS is installed. This is made through the RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH
environment variable:

export RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH=/opt/rtems-4.11/i386-rtems4.11/pc386

Finally for the application, It is easier if start by trying to build
one of the samples provided with RTEMS. You can obtain them from git:

git clone git://git.rtems.org/examples-v2.git examples
cd examples
make

If everything worked correctly you will have a RTEMS hello world
sample in examples/hello_world_c/o-optimize/
You can run this example in QEMU: http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/QEMU

For more information about the process I described:
http://www.rtems.org/onlinedocs/releases/rtemsdocs-4.10.2/share/rtems/html/started/started00062.html
http://wiki.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/Quick_Start
http://wiki.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/Example_Application_Compiling

Regards from Portugal,