sparc-rtems-4.10-gcc-4.4.6-1.2.2 problem

Fri May 18 19:02:58 UTC 2012

On 05/18/2012 01:45 PM, Luis Mollinedo Herrera wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When we compile the rtems-hello example attached to the sparc-rtems-4.10-gcc-4.4.6-1.2.2 cross compilation system (ftp://gaisler.com/gaisler.com/rcc/bin/linux/sparc-rtems-4.10-gcc-4.4.6-1.2.2-linux.tar.bz2), the sparc-rtems-gcc compiler returns the next error:
>
> platform at pcplatform:/opt/rtems-4.10/src/samples$ sparc-rtems-gcc -mcpu=v8 -msoft-float rtems-hello.c -o rtems-hello.img -I .
>
> /opt/rtems-4.10/lib/gcc/sparc-rtems/4.4.6/../../../../sparc-rtems/bin/ld: /opt/rtems-4.10/sparc-rtems/leon3/lib/start.o: No such file: No such file or directory
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
These are Gaisler's tools. The file in question is part of the
BSP and this I have to assume you didn't provide the
right arguments to link with the leon3 BSP.
> Can you help me?
>
> Regards,
> Luis
These disclaimers are ridiculously silly and ironic when attached
to a post to a public mailing list that is archived.

Worse, it claims to force actions on someone who didn't enter into
a contractual agreement with you. I don't see how these could
ever be legally enforced.
> ______________________
> This message including any attachments may contain confidential
> information, according to our Information Security Management System,
>   and intended solely for a specific individual to whom they are addressed.
>   Any unauthorised copy, disclosure or distribution of this message
>   is strictly forbidden. If you have received this transmission in error,
>   please notify the sender immediately and delete it.

> Este mensaje, y en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo,
>   puede contener informacion clasificada por su emisor como confidencial
>   en el marco de su Sistema de Gestion de Seguridad de la
> Informacion siendo para uso exclusivo del destinatario, quedando
> prohibida su divulgacion copia o distribucion a terceros sin la
> autorizacion expresa del remitente. Si Vd. ha recibido este mensaje
>   erroneamente, se ruega lo notifique al remitente y proceda a su borrado.
> Gracias por su colaboracion.

Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research&   Development