_Internal_error_Occurred() in _Thread_Handler()

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Apr 3 09:39:18 UTC 2013

On 04/03/2013 11:11 AM, Matthew J Fletcher wrote:
> Sebastian,
>
> The example from my previous post will drop into any of the samples, all you
> need is a time tick to test it.

In another email you write:

"A simple case as shown bellow does NOT fail, but a more complex example with
30+ tasks, 40+ timers etc does seem to reproducibly fail."

I need a self contained test case that reproduces the problem to help you.

>  > In which context do you look at executing->Start->entry_point?
>
> I have a breakpoint in _Internal_error_occurred() i then go up the callstack
> into _Thread_Handler.

Ok, if you end up here with the following task

rtems_task test_wake_after(rtems_task_argument ignored)
{
     for(;;)
     {
         rtems_task_wake_after(10);

         /* application code happening on interval here */
     }
}

then the system is broken.  This can be a general memory corruption (heap,
stack, global variables) or a bug in the exception processing.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09